When people think of customer relationship management in regular businesses, our mind is drawn to customer support or customer service.
But customer success goes beyond the confines of a team or a department. It ought to be absorbed into the wider organization’s philosophy, and whether that’s in a company that sells subscriptions or one that provides education, customer success has a place.
Listen to discover
- The key differences between CS in SaaS companies with a rolling, subscribed customer, and a more traditional, non-subscription business model
- How core SaaS metrics like retention, churn and health scores can be applied to non-SaaS business models
- The ways in which customer success functions in SaaS companies could learn from the way non-SaaS companies
- Mimi's advice to a non-SaaS company looking to implement a customer success function
A little bit about Mimi
Mimi is a CS wizard, having a varied and illustrious career with a background not only in customer success but account management, marketing & business development in the B2B SaaS world and non-SaaS alike.
Beyond BookSmart provides executive function coaching to students in elementary school, middle school, high school, and college. Their mission is to empower students to manage themselves effectively by providing tools, strategies, and mentoring that lead to a lifetime of success, allowing them to clarify and achieve what is important to them, be more fulfilled, and contribute to a better world.
Resources and mentions from this episode
- Connect with Mimi on LinkedIn
- Sign up for our free Customer Success Collective Slack community
- Subscribe to the CS Scoop newsletter
Be on the pod!
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please subscribe to the CS School podcast and leave a rating and/or a review – we appreciate your support! Alternatively, you can speak to us on our socials, or get involved with the discussion on the Customer Success Collective Slack channel.
Have you got something to say? Perhaps you wanna be on the podcast, or know someone who would be a great guest? Get in touch, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. 📩
Did you like this episode?
If you enjoyed listening to this episode of CS School, you might want to enroll in our Customer Success Metrics: Certified course to learn what metrics are important in CS and how to implement them in your strategies.