“When you're building data systems and processes, it's all about putting things in place so you can deliver value for your customers repeatedly and consistently.”
- Josh Horsman, Head of Customer Success at The Alliance
For any Customer Success Manager, your customer's data is a treasure trove of behavioral insights. When implemented effectively, data can spearhead your CS function and set you up with the tools to proactively engage with your customer base.
Customer data can indicate how your product is performing, and how your CS team can improve its strategy with each customer to add value and pre-empt churn. But how should you properly utilize them?
In this episode of CS School, we sat down with Josh Horsman, Head of Customer Success at The Alliance, where he explained the importance of data-driven customer success.
A little bit about Josh
In this episode of CS School, we were joined by Josh Horsman, Head of Customer Success at The Alliance, an umbrella community-led media platform for L&D communities such as Product Marketing Alliance, Sales Enablement Collective, Product-Led Alliance and … a little-known customer success community.
Prior to his current role, Josh worked for startups in customer success and account management. Josh is now tasked with leading the customer success team at The Alliance and its fast-growing communities, marrying data-driven strategies with proactivity and empathy.
Tune into this episode to learn more about the dichotomy between data and empathy, and to discover:
- What 'proactive' customer success really means
- The benefits of data-driven customer success
- The types of data critical for measuring overall customer health
- The data collection points along the customer journey
- Why cross-departmental collaboration is key
- Tools or software solutions Josh recommends for a newly-established CS function
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Connect with Josh on LinkedIn
- Sign up for our free Customer Success Collective Slack community
- Subscribe to the CS Scoop newsletter
- OnDemand footage from Customer Success Festival London
Be on the pod!
Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please subscribe to the CS School podcast and leave a rating and/or a review – we appreciate your support! Alternatively, you can speak to us on our socials, or get involved with the discussion on the Customer Success Collective Slack channel.
Have you got something to say? Perhaps you wanna be on the podcast, or know someone who would be a great guest? Get in touch, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. 📩
Did you like this episode?
If you enjoyed listening to this episode of CS School, you might want to enroll in our Customer Success Metrics: Certified course to learn what metrics are important in CS and how to implement them in your strategies.