This article is based on a presentation given by Roger at Customer Success Festival San Francisco in September 2023.
Aligning business-wide initiatives and driving frictionless renewals are key goals for any customer success leader in a business that follows a recurring revenue model.
In this article, we'll explore how to leverage customer success operations (CS Ops) to achieve organization-wide alignment.
Specific topics covered include:
- Transitioning to a recurring revenue model and building a customer success team
- Evolving into a CS acceleration role to drive strategic initiatives
- Using the "lean-in" model to foster cross-functional alignment
- Walkthrough of a customer lifecycle methodology
- A hypothetical example of a renewal improvement project
- Step-by-step techniques for tackling overwhelming problems
- Approaches for breaking down complex data
- The importance of toggling between "on the field" execution and "off the field" relationship building
By the end of this article, we'll have unpacked frameworks, skills and mindsets to align your broader organization around customer success. Whether you're leading a small scrappy team or a large global organization, this article will provide actionable insights you can implement right away.
Let's dive in!