This article is based on a presentation given by Santosh at the Customer Success Festival New York in March 2023.
A conversation around these two seemingly distinct topics is desperately needed.
When we talk about high-touch customer success, we traditionally infer a meticulous “white-glove” level of service. Ordinarily, this is diametrically opposed to concepts of scaling, which tends to lean heavily into digitization and broad, automated outreach.
But as we charter the unpredictable waters of SaaS, the interplay of these two elements has been immensely valuable.
Let’s explore the journey through various facets of customer success, understanding its complexities, challenges, and the innovative strategies employed to harness optimal customer engagement and satisfaction.
In this article, I’m going to cover:
- Balancing new and existing clients
- Optimizing financials while growing your customer base
- Redefining engagement and ensuring value
- Designing engagements that drive real business value
- Aligning with sales and selecting the right customers
- Specializing skills to boost customer success outcomes
- Scaling with standardization and automation
- Blending personalized service with digital self-service
- Merging reactive and proactive approaches
- Reimagining customer success through P&L management
- Turning customer success into a revenue generator
- Building intentional, high-value customer success programs
- Why securing leadership buy-in is critical
Let's get started.